The main piers are 5½' and 8½' wide, while the finger docks are 3½' wide. All walkways are unobstructed and well-lit. The docks have vinyl bumper guards on the ends of the finger docks, at the head of each slip on the main pier, and on the uprights. The piers and docks are fully skirted to hide the steel framing. The 25', 28' and 30' slips have three (3) 5"X5" uprights that extend three feet above the pier. The 36' slips have three (3) 5"X5" uprights that extend five feet above the pier, and the 40' and 45' slips will have four (4) 5"X5" uprights also extend five feet above the pier.
- A dockbox is provided for each slip. Also included in your dockage fee are electricity, potable water, 67 basic cable T.V. stations, and wireless internet.
- Security gates limit access to the docks, restrooms and boats within the marina.
- There are shower/restroom facilities that feature shower room with dressing area separate from sink and watercloset.
- Dockhands will be readily available to help moor your vessel and pump out your holding tank, which is a service that is provided free to our seasonal boaters.
- When arriving at the docks or marina, there are dock carts available for either you or a dock hand to haul your stuff from your car to your boat.
- Parking is available for our boaters and we have a Pet Walk area where you can exercise your pet. A picnic area with grills is also provided. The marina also has ice on hand for boaters.
- In addition to the many assets mentioned above, Dock of the Bay has a boater's room equipped with cable television, VCR and coffee. The boaters here are so social, they have organized and maintain their own Dock of the Bay Yacht Club. A boater-run club, DOBYC is InterLake Yachting Club (ILYC) affiliated. As such, all DOBYC members can travel to other ILYC clubs and use their facilities with dinner privileges three times a year.
- The marina has a beautiful view of the Sandusky Bay and is strategically located in the heart of the historic downtown Sandusky.
- Some conveniences located next to or within walking distance of our facility include West Marine, banks, restaurants, gift shops, a bakery, pubs, the renovated Sandusky State Theatre, churches, a drugstore and the Jet Express – just to mention a few.
- A washer and dryer are available for our boaters.
We appreciate your interest in The Dock of the Bay Marina.
We hope to serve you during the next boating season.